The Caribbean Safety and Security Net’s primary mission is the collection and dissemination of accurate information relating to crimes against yachts in the Caribbean, enabling cruisers to make intelligent decisions about how and where they cruise.
This is accomplished through the resources and information available on this website. The CSSN website includes not only all of the current and historic information on reported incidents (use the Island Reports button to search for/sort the database), but also information and links to a variety of other resources related to safety and security for cruisers.
Take a few minutes and explore our current site. We received nearly 300 responses to our 2013 User Survey and the CSSN team is hard at work making changes as a result – bookmark this page and check back often.
“Know Before You Go !”
2014 Incidents (so far)
NEWS HEADLINES – Top 5
- Wednesday, November 26th, 2014 CSSN Email ALERT SUBSCRIBE simplified – One Step Process
- Sunday, November 23rd, 2014 Bonaire and Curacao – No Coast Guard Patrols by Sea
- Saturday, November 22nd, 2014 Las Aves de Sotavento – North light not working
- Saturday, November 22nd, 2014 NOAA WX Buoy ADRIFT – Station 42059 – Eastern Caribbean Sea – 180 NM SSW of Ponce, PR
- Thursday, November 20th, 2014 Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic – Unrest, Demonstrations, One Death – Caution Advised for Samana Bay Yachts
RECENT INCIDENT REPORTS:
- 2014-10-29 02:00 St. Lucia, Rodney Bay Marina – Burglary
- 2014-10-18 21:00 St. Lucia, Rodney Bay Marina – Theft
- 2014-10-17 12:00 St. Lucia, Rodney Bay Inner Lagoon – Burglary
- 2014-10-17 03:00 St. Lucia, Marigot – Theft