The Caribbean Safety and Security Net’s primary mission is the collection and dissemination of accurate information relating to crimes against yachts in the Caribbean, enabling cruisers to make intelligent decisions about how and where they cruise.
This is accomplished through the resources and information available on this website. The CSSN website includes not only all of the current and historic information on reported incidents (use the Island Reports button to search for/sort the database), but also information and links to a variety of other resources related to safety and security for cruisers.
Take a few minutes and explore our current site. We received nearly 300 responses to our 2013 User Survey and the CSSN team is hard at work making changes as a result – bookmark this page and check back often.
“Know Before You Go !”
2014 Incidents (so far)
NEWS HEADLINES – Top 5
- Saturday, December 20th, 2014 What Happens When Marina Security Gets it Right!
- Monday, December 8th, 2014 UPDATE: Arrests Made – Credit Card Skimming in St Lucia – ATM Now Safe
- Friday, December 5th, 2014 ARC – CSSN Extends a Warm Tropical Welcome to 176 Boats Sailing Under the Flags of 23 Countries Arriving in the Caribbean
- Thursday, December 4th, 2014 UPDATE: NOAA WX Buoy Retrieved – Station 42059 – Eastern Caribbean Sea – 180 NM SSW of Ponce, PR
- Wednesday, November 26th, 2014 CSSN Email ALERT SUBSCRIBE simplified – One Step Process
RECENT INCIDENT REPORTS:
- 2014-12-15 09:00 SVG, Bequia Princess Margaret Beach – Attempted Burglary
- 2014-12-07 01:00 St. Lucia, Soufriere Bat Caves – Attempted Theft
- 2014-12-07 01:00 St. Lucia, Soufriere Bat Caves – Theft
- 2014-11-27 00:00 Grenada, Grenada Chemin Bay – Burglary
- 2014-11-21 12:00 Nicaragua, Cayos Miskitos – Chase by Pirates